First post, by CoolDoomer
I am a bit of a noob when it comes to old hardware. I have a Socket 7 computer, with Jetway 530BF motherboard that doesn't have AGP ports, and I was thinking what PCI video card would be the best to buy.
I would like to hear some opinions on what would be good cards to buy?
I found in my location these video cards:
- Matrox MGA-2164W (Millennium II), it doesn't have memory expansion on it
- Matrox 844-00 REV.A PCI, 8mb, cant find too much information about it
- matrox 590-02 REV.B PCI, 4mb
- Diamond Stealth 64 + Diamond MVP 2000, dont know the video memory size
- S3 Virge DX 4MB
- nVidia TNT2 M64 16MB PCI - the most expensive one, at around $100
I would like to be a at least a good video card for 2D games like Megaman X4 and have decent colours. I am thinking of using it with Early Windows 9x + DOS games. Not too keen on 3dfx for now.