VOGONS

First post, by Gronaf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is probably a long shot, but I got this graphics card near the start of 2000, asus released a "cheat" driver for it which quickly got pulled because of obvious reasons. It lets you turn on wireframe mode in any 3d application which basically allowed for looking through walls in competitive games.

The specific driver is w9x532, the official driver from nvidia has exactly the same name (but without the cheat stuff).

Does anyone have a copy of this driver? I tried using waybackmachine but whilst the download page is there, none of the files are archived.

It's for a retro PC I did a bunch of hardware repairs (recapping)+ upgrades on to get up and running again and I remember having some fun with this driver at a LAN party (don't worry, everyone attending knew about the driver 😜 ).

Reply 1 of 1, by mzry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I remember the controversy around this driver, back then I was heavily into online Q3 multiplayer and I remember it got banned with punkbuster very fast (the anti cheat) but sorry no idea where to get it now, even then it was hard to find due to it getting banned everywhere.