VOGONS

First post, by acl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello

I recently received a Compaq Qvision 2000+ PCI card based on Matrox IS-ATHENA chip.

I tried to test the 3d capabilities of the card under DOS but the card seems not recognized by the applications.

Is there something I'm missing about the setup ?
Env variable ? Found nothing in the documentation.

IMG_20230224_224846.jpg
Filename
IMG_20230224_224846.jpg
File size
1.89 MiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0
IMG_20230224_224935.jpg
Filename
IMG_20230224_224935.jpg
File size
839.88 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Extra question : I found a few info about the SCSI connector and it's usage. Some sources seems to believe it's not used. Some that it's a proprietary interface taking the physical forme of a SCSI connector and some sources implying that it can be actually be used (I seriously doubt it). Any ideal ?
Thank you very much!

"Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen..."
My collection (not up to date)

Reply 1 of 2, by Putas

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Icehawk works on my Athena R1 card. Also Compaq, but with VRAM. No environment variable is needed, except for sound which can be turned off.
Spectre on the other hand hangs in the first screen, but that happens with R2 also.

Reply 2 of 2, by acl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you.
Spectre gives me a black screen, system lock and requires a hard reboot.
Icehawk on the other hand prints an error message. Something like "no MGA card detected".
I also did a quick test under windows 98 (not on a period correct system). And I was not able to configure more than 640/480 8bit. But might be a chipset incompatibility... or my card may be defective. I will have to test it more thoroughly.

"Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen..."
My collection (not up to date)