VOGONS

Reply 20 of 21, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Joseph_Joestar wrote on 2023-03-11, 12:41:

Oh, and this is with the assumption that both cards are already in the OP's possession. If this is not the case, then definitively avoid the Voodoo 3. The current prices of 3DFX cards are too insane to waste money on that.

Gf3s are a struggle to find and pay a reasonable price for too now. The "I want to spend as little as possible" option is probably a GeForce 2MX or 440MX, the "what if I spend a bit more but not go silly" would be a GF4200Ti

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 21 of 21, by Downer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BitWrangler wrote on 2023-03-11, 15:50:
Joseph_Joestar wrote on 2023-03-11, 12:41:

Oh, and this is with the assumption that both cards are already in the OP's possession. If this is not the case, then definitively avoid the Voodoo 3. The current prices of 3DFX cards are too insane to waste money on that.

Gf3s are a struggle to find and pay a reasonable price for too now. The "I want to spend as little as possible" option is probably a GeForce 2MX or 440MX, the "what if I spend a bit more but not go silly" would be a GF4200Ti

Luckily I already own the cards. But yes, all these cards seem to be going up in price. However I work at a computer repair store and come across some decent cards from time to time. I have lots of dell 2MX and 440MXs variants laying around. I also have better performing cards than the geforce 3 I started this thread for but they do not have the extra features.