VOGONS

First post, by RedCharles

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Obviously, the 780 Ti is already overkill for Windows XP gaming FPS.

I've got a living room set up I'm working on that's pretty nice. Sony 295 ES, 120 inch screeen, 4k 60hz. True 5.2.4 Atmos. In ceiling speakers with backer boxes. It's the real deal. It's not a dedicated home theater. It's just a living room with home theater equipment. I currently smearing mud on drywall. Realistically, at least two months from completion.

Point is I want to use a dedicated Windows XP machine on this set up. But a 780 ti can't do 4k 60 hz. And on the sound side, I want EAX 5.1 upmixed into 5.2.4 DTS X/Atmos.

I figure I need a 980 Ti to get 4k 60hz, and a receiver that accepts multi channel in, while processing all the latest formats.

Has anyone done the 980 Ti is driver hack to get 4k 60 hz in Windows XP? Does it work? Is it playable?

Can EAX go over HDMI? Or do I have to go analog, to get EAX to the reciever? Because Multi-Channel In is rare these days. I haven't searched too hard, but I've only seen it on Denon's flagship receivers, like the 8500h, which is 4500 bucks. Is there another way? Does a 7.1 analog to hdmi converter exist?

Am I overthinking the whole thing? Is there a virtual option that will get me 4k 60hz and EAX upmixed into Atmos?

Reply 1 of 1, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Can EAX go over HDMI?

Yes, but it's complicated.

Or do I have to go analog

Both S/PDIF and TOSLINK are options.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.