VOGONS

First post, by DesktopDynamite

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

Currently I have artifact issues with my Voodoo 3 2000 PCI on my PIII, example, in the Lion King title screen and levels, One Must Fall during title options, few in the actual gameplay.
Both games are launched from MS-DOS mode under Windows 98se, but when launched the Lion King under Windows98SE, it does the same (just no sound).
Launching games under pure MS-DOS 6.22 still does the same, [Jazz Jack Rabbit. Aladdin].. Does anyone here maybe have similar specs ? There must be some workaround..

I get these artefacts when games are running in resolutions such as 320x240.
I replied on another thread here Voodoo 3 2000 Artifacts and noisy video.

Meanwhile I was told that I need older 2D cards for compatibility since I wish to run games from 1993ish to late 2001.

Specs:
Asus P3B-F slot 1
Pentium III 500Mhz Katmai
Voodoo 3 2000 PCI (stock heatsink removed and attached low profile fan)
NEC DVDrw optical drive
Yamaha YMF-V724 PCI with SB-Link
Nvidia 4200 TI 128MB AGP (currently disabled as intend to use this under Windows XP OS)
Gotek Floppy reader
2x IDE2SD adapters, 1x as OS SD card and other as secondary slave (drive D:)
Gravis Gamepad connected with Yamaha sound card game port.

My friend found the attached 3x PCI video cards in order to choose one.

Which one would you think is suited best ? Also is it possible to have 3x video cards [2x PCI , and 1x AGP, the latter one of course is to be switched on via BIOS]

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Reply 1 of 2, by Minutemanqvs

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If you put multiple PCI graphics cards in one system, the display will very probable be enabled by default one the lowest (that is lowest number) PCI slot. That's how it works with PCI-Express if you put multiple storage controllers in a system so I guess it's similar. Try it...

Searching a Nexgen Nx586 with FPU, PM me if you have one. I have some Athlon MP systems and cookies.

Reply 2 of 2, by DesktopDynamite

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Minutemanqvs wrote on 2023-05-10, 09:52:

If you put multiple PCI graphics cards in one system, the display will very probable be enabled by default one the lowest (that is lowest number) PCI slot. That's how it works with PCI-Express if you put multiple storage controllers in a system so I guess it's similar. Try it...

That would make sense yes. Many suggested the Cirrus one, and if I find it compatible with no issues I can remove the Voodoo and hence leave the cirrus for 2D and the Geforce 4 AGP for newer games.