VOGONS

Reply 20 of 24, by vico

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Kordanor wrote on 2024-04-24, 15:51:

Are you using the normal version of fatal racing or an inofficial 3dfx patch? If you are using the latter, you can post a link on where to download the patch and I can test it (if it is compatible with the 2 german versions I got)

I understand that these unofficial patches are designed for Voodoo 1 and Voodoo2. Anyway, I tried them and the screen goes black and nothing else happens.
If you can, try it with your German version 2.0 and let me know if it works correctly for you.

Reply 21 of 24, by Kordanor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vico wrote on 2024-04-24, 23:40:
Kordanor wrote on 2024-04-24, 15:51:

Are you using the normal version of fatal racing or an inofficial 3dfx patch? If you are using the latter, you can post a link on where to download the patch and I can test it (if it is compatible with the 2 german versions I got)

I understand that these unofficial patches are designed for Voodoo 1 and Voodoo2. Anyway, I tried them and the screen goes black and nothing else happens.
If you can, try it with your German version 2.0 and let me know if it works correctly for you.

With my V3 3500 on the German version I get a black screen for 3s or so, then I am back to dos.
But now I don't understand: Are the screenshots you sent before also from the 3dfx version or are these from the regular?

If you use the high resolution version with SVGA, then I have something similar. But that is because the game uses 720x400, and that 720x400 is fully used in its height (400 pixels) while the width seems to have the probably 80 black pixels to the right, which you would then need to crop off. Youl will likely see the same on Sid Meiers Transport Tycoon 1. Just that this game has borders left and right you need to crop off. Also both games need a vertical adjustment (they are too far down).

Reply 22 of 24, by vico

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Kordanor wrote on 2024-04-25, 00:11:

But now I don't understand: Are the screenshots you sent before also from the 3dfx version or are these from the regular?

The 3 screenshots are from the European version 2.0 running FAT3D.EXE

If you use the high resolution version with SVGA, then I have something similar. But that is because the game uses 720x400, and that 720x400 is fully used in its height (400 pixels) while the width seems to have the probably 80 black pixels to the right, which you would then need to crop off. Youl will likely see the same on Sid Meiers Transport Tycoon 1. Just that this game has borders left and right you need to crop off. Also both games need a vertical adjustment (they are too far down).

The original resolution of the game is 640 x 400, I guess 720 x 400 is the closest resolution. You don't specify it but I assume that the colors with your Voodoo 3 3500 are not displayed correctly either, but is there a tool to make that vertical adjustment you mention?

Reply 23 of 24, by Kordanor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vico wrote on 2024-04-25, 02:57:
The 3 screenshots are from the European version 2.0 running FAT3D.EXE […]
Show full quote

The 3 screenshots are from the European version 2.0 running FAT3D.EXE

The original resolution of the game is 640 x 400, I guess 720 x 400 is the closest resolution. You don't specify it but I assume that the colors with your Voodoo 3 3500 are not displayed correctly either, but is there a tool to make that vertical adjustment you mention?

Hrm, alright. I only have a .exe called "fatal.exe"
And ofc that unofficial "fatfx" which doesnt work.
I had no issues with colors using the fatal.exe

But then I guess it comes down to the version you use. Very much like the issues the V3 seems to have just with different versions of screamer 2.
The cropped image however seems to be an issue with your monitor.

Reply 24 of 24, by eddman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

AFAIK UniVBE doesn't work with voodoo3. If you read the GTA readme it says to bypass it simply run gta24.exe directly with the -nounivbe parameter. It should work with no need for vesafix, etc. I misremembered; although it runs without UniVBE the image is glitched so vesafix is needed. You could use mskvbef7 instead and it might even provide a bit of performance boost.

IINM all video modes of Screamer 2 work with voodoo3, so don't know why the german release is having problems.