VOGONS

First post, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Greetings!

A while back I decided against trying to cram 3 voodoo cards and two sound blasters into one Gateway Pentium III. Instead, I put a Voodoo3 and a Maxi Gamer 3d (Voodoo1) in a P3 550, alongside an AWE32 CT2760 (and maybe a SB Live! value, since I have one lying around,) and am going to use CF or SD cards with different versions of Windows and different games/apps on them. But first, I am running tests and checking out drivers in order to make sure everything works, and then I will make a "restore disc" with all of the drivers and main apps on it.

I downloaded the disc images of the Voodoo3 1.4 CD and the Maxi Gamer 3d CD. When I pop the V3 disc in the drive, it automatically runs the install and reboots the PC, with Windows 98 showing that my display adapter is a V3, and I can select up to 32-bit color. However, the 3dfx control tab is missing.

I burned the Maxi Gamer 3d disc and put it in my P3's cd-rom drive. However, the light just keeps blinking, and I cannot access the disc. So I copied the contents of the disc image to a CF card and tried to install it that way. It only installs demos and a benchmarker, and I have to manually update the driver through device manager and point to the driver folder. It detects it and sets it up as a Maxi Gamer 3d. However - there is no control applet.

I am going to download the drivers from Phil's Computer Lab and use those, though I was hoping to be have two working copies of the original install discs. Can anyone shed light on what may be going on here?

Many thanks!
Scythifuge