VOGONS

Common searches

Sango Fighter

Topic actions

First post, by seskanda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't know if anyone ever played or knows this game, but it was a great hand-to-hand combat game just like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. Anyway, I'm having trouble getting this one to work properly. When I run in Win98SE, it seems to be working, the intro and all is fine, once I start the game though i first notice that it lags as it loads the screen to pick the fighters, eventually when it comes, (which doesn't take too long, but long enough.) and the battle begins again everything appears OK, until you start to fight. This is where it begins to get ugly.

As soon as I throw a punch or kick, etc. the game REALLY lags and becomes sluggish, to top it off, and if that weren't enough there is NO sound effects, ONLY music. I tried setting it up to Adlib for music & SoundBlaster for sound, SoundBlaster for both, and Adlib for both, but it does NOTHING. In DOS mode, it's hardly better. Instead of NO sound I get weird, repulsive fart-like noises (seriously!) I have no recollection of such anomalies in any game i have played, so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANX

Here's my system specs:

Motherboard chipset is Intel 82440BX/ZX
Processor is Pentium III@550 MHz
64 MB SDRAM (PC100)
nVIDIA Vanta w/8 MB SGRAM
Cirrus Logic CS4614/22/24 PCI CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator(a.ka. Crystal SoundFusion(tm) CS4280-CM PCI Audio Accelerator).*
Windows 98 SE 4.10.2222 A

*= sound card is onboard (i.e. integrated inside my motherboard)

Reply 1 of 3, by HDasher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

im not sure what kind of machine you originally ran it on in the past, but my experiences with it on an old 40 MHz monster yielded just about the results you're describing in terms of the vid slowdown

first off, try running without audio, then try increasing speed

you also have a 550 MHz machine......maybe you should consider creating a dual boot setup for true DOS

Reply 2 of 3, by Cush

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had similar issues. I have the game running on my system (P4, 2.4GHz, Windows XP) and sound effects don't work for me and the game is extremely slow. Slower than it ran under DOS if my memory is correct. Never resolved it either, so I'm interested to hear if someone got the game running well.

Cush

Reply 3 of 3, by seskanda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I first played this game on my old, trusty Packard Legend 2000 (R.I.P. 1992-1999) It was a 486SX @ 25 MHz, and I don't recall any problems, vid (video?) or otherwise. Sure, it wasn't fast and all, but that's because the game requires a 486DX 33 MHz or above, I think.

Well, I tried the game without sound, and believe it or not; it was still slow & choppy when the screen to pick the fighter's loads, and likewise ultra-slow when you start to fight. Actually, everything seemed exactly the same as before, MINUS the sound + music, of course.

HDasher wrote:

try increasing speed

What speed, the game's speed? I hardly got a clue how to do this. Also, I don't know how to create a "dual-boot setup for true DOS." nor know what that really means. I tried Sango Fighter in DOS mode, and it produced the same results.