VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by snowboard71

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi,i have dosbox 6.0(p4 2 ghz,20 gig hd,sound blaster audigy,windows98se)when launch alone in the dark3 it starts but when appears the first pictures of infigrames logo,it freeze!!!what can i do?please someone help me thank you 😢

Reply 1 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Things to try:

0. Use the Search, Luke!
1. Use DOSBox 0.58.
2. Use the latest DOSBox - 0.61 instead of 0.60.
3. Install and configure with no sound, and try different sound emulation settings.
--
MiniMax

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

0. Use the Search, Luke! Specifically, try to search for "alone and dark and sound and install".
3. Install and configure with no sound.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 5, by rgriff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yup, I've got the same problem. Sound effects, but no intro voiceover by Carnby (with telephone call) or music during game. Funny, but on my laptop (XP also), I get the game to work ok. I burned the game files as set up on my laptop and transferred to my desktop, but still no "windows" sounds (dos sounds work with VDMSound, but I had to disable DPMI support to get enough base memory (not necessary on my laptop)). It would have to be a hardware problem, I would think. Any help would be appreciated.