VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Mike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just started the game, and I have no idea on how to attack enemies, when I try to attack the rat, the top screen states "You see a rat", and thats it, I am wondering, which key attacks enemies? Help will be greatly appreciated!

Reply 1 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think you must keep the left mouse button pressed and then move the mouse to do swings and thrusts. The game should allow you to customize controls, anyway.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Well, the game designers tried to be original regardless of price... I hated that kind of fighting. They would have done better to stick to normal way of doing things (and if I remember well they returned to normal in Morrowind, probably realizing that this was not a way forward).

Mirek

Reply 4 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Stick to the normal way of doing this? In 1994? I don't remember too many FPS games back then using the mouse.....

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 5, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Arena modeled it's fighting controls after Ultima Underworld. I still think they were some of the most intuitive controls for sword based combat games. Hold down the right mouse button then move the mouse forward to thrust, sideways to sliice, or back to chop.