VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Tefson

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok guys, here's the thing:
As have done lots of other people, I bought Redguard a while ago to complete my elder Scrolls collection. since then I am trying to get it to work.
I was running DosBox under WinXP and got the game to work, but the sound stuttered. so I changed my approach. I installed the thing with a Voodoo2 SLI rig. Still, the sound was an issue I could not resolve.
Now, I set up an old PC with Win98 and a Voodoo3 card. The Voodoo2 cards are sold.
So:
Win98
AMD Athlon 1000
Voodoo 3 3500 TV
400MB RAM
And, as you might guess, it is still not working. I start up Redguard and it simply returns to desktop. I don't have a soundcard installed, but I am quite convinced that the Voodoo is the problem, since I cannot run it even with "no sound". I read some of the posts here regarding Redguard and Voodoo3 cards, but if someone could please link me to an understanable answer or could provide a simple solution to the problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

Reply 1 of 4, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tefson wrote:
Now, I set up an old PC with Win98 and a Voodoo3 card. The Voodoo2 cards are sold. So: Win98 AMD Athlon 1000 Voodoo 3 3500 TV 40 […]
Show full quote

Now, I set up an old PC with Win98 and a Voodoo3 card. The Voodoo2 cards are sold.
So:
Win98
AMD Athlon 1000
Voodoo 3 3500 TV
400MB RAM
And, as you might guess, it is still not working. I start up Redguard and it simply returns to desktop.

Have you tried running it in pure DOS mode?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.