Hello Mystery Girl:
First of all you should read the readme file which contains important info on how to manipulate DOSBox. Then after running DOSBox, try the INTRO and HELP commands. In a nutshell, to be able to use a certain drive you've got to MOUNT it first...
1) If drive is a floppy one (A: or B:) -> mount a a:\ -t floppy
2) if drive is a hard-disk (or folder) -> mount c d:\mygames
3) if drive is a CD DVD ROM drive -> mount f f:\ -t cdrom
After mounting a drive you can use common ms-dos commands to navigate the filesystem.
- A drive letter followed by a colon, allows you to change to that drive Example: Z:\>C: [Enter]
will change you to C: drive (must be mounted first, of course) -> C:\>
- DIR command will display a list of files/sub-directories found
Please, keep us posted. Executable files can be .BAT .COM .EXE
- CD command will change to a directory (folder)
Example: CD DIR1 -> C:\DIR1\>
- CLS command will clear the screen.
P.S: Keep in mind that cd-rom and dvd-rom drives are READ-ONLY, that is, you cannot write anything to them, so if you intend to run a program or game, it will probably fail due to most of them need to write to disk, be it, configuration files, high-scores tables and so on.
P.S: Why men are so polite when talking to their female counterparts? 🤣! 😜