VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone else gets some slowdowns with Shadow Warrior using 3dfx patch and 800x600, at times it just gets a bit jerky other wise it plays rather smooth. 640x480 plays fine.

I'm playing it from windows 98SE and not native dos. I haven't tried native dos yet either. Should I try to Disable SLI? Lastly should I still be using NOLFB with 3Dfx, I use it on software with no issues.

My system:
Pentium III-S 1.4GHz
Gigabyte GA-6VTXE Rev-1.0
768MB PC133MHz
Geforce 4 TI 4600 AGP
2x Voodoo 2 12MB SLI (98MHz clock)
SoundBlaster AWE64 Gold! w/32mb Expansion
D-Link DFE-530TX+
Startech USB 2.0 7-port
PS2 Super Mini Keyboard
PS2 Microsoft Blue Optical Mouse
16x Pioneer DVD-ROM
120GB WD SE ATA-100

Reply 1 of 2, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

you could try noflblim
NOLFBLIM (updated NOLFB) - Enables VSYNC for DOS Games

since the 3dfx version is not much of an upgrade over the non 3dfx version have you tried the normal version with the hires art pack
or a sourceport
http://www.proasm.com/sw/swp.html

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 2 of 2, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, I meant NOFLBLIM, will this work with 3Dfx calls? I have it and works fine in software, just didn't try with 3Dfx.

I did not know about that sourceport, pretty sweet, I tried it just a bit ago and while it loads up, It induces sound clipping and repeating. I tried lowering the settings for the audio, turning off ambient but still remains! Can't say I care too much for the character models as well.

On a side note, that NOFLBLIM doesn't work too great with blood, I was still getting tearing and such.

> W98SE . P3 1.4S . 512MB . Q.FX3K . SB Live! . 64GB SSD
>WXP/W8.1 . AMD 960T . 8GB . GTX285 . SB X-Fi . 128GB SSD
> Win XI . i7 12700k . 32GB . GTX1070TI . 512GB NVME