VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Nomad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

C&C is giving me issues. I can't install it. When I run install.exe or setup.exe it brings up a window, changes resolution, changes back and closes the window.

I am running one machine with windows XP and one with windows 2000 and they both do this. I run the installation under DOSbox and it gives me a can't find setup.mix error.

Can anybody help?

Imagine a world where we can play all DOS games. Wouldn't it be nice?

Reply 2 of 10, by Nomad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, the original C&C. Not gold, not red alert, the original Dos C&C.

I really want to play it again and it's pissing me off that I can't play it. I want to CRUSH KILL AND DESTROY but no go. Must kill Nod troops and not silly arabs.

Reply 4 of 10, by Nomad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No, I have not but that sounds like a good idea. I shall try it out and should it not work, I shall do something drastic, like take up feng shui or something.

Hmmm, maybe thats a bit too drastic.

Reply 6 of 10, by Nomad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was a little premature there. I can get in the install program now in DOSbox but it only installs 12% of the game and throws me out saying the game is not installed properly. Also, if I even move the mouse in the C&C install, DOSbox crashes (not a big deal though). I have tried it in DOSbox CVS too, and nothing. The sound works in the sound test though, at least thats something.

Reply 8 of 10, by Nomad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I haven't tried VDMSound, nor do I know how to use it or where to get it. Where do I get it and how do I use it?

Educate me, for I am but a small armish boy (or something).

Reply 9 of 10, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There is an entire SECTION on this same forum for VDMSound. Read the guidelines first. You can find VDMSound + Launchpad here: http://ntvdm.cjb.net/
Latest stable version is 2.0.4 - Download and install both VDMSound and the launchpad and read all documentation included. Good luck.