VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Falcry the Drake

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😕 I've tried everything I can think of (with limited computer knowledge, not saying much) to get Strahd's Possesion (In AD&D Masterpiece Collection) to install on my computer.

The installer runs on DOSbox yet when I run the installer on the CD there is an error keeping the program from contacting the hard drive.
When I transfer every file to the hard drive (C:\) and then run the installer I get an error screen saying that (X) file cannot be read.

Any suggestions, all ye with more knowledge of computers and DOS programs than I? I am running on a Windows XP o.s. and using DOSbox by the way, if it helps.

Thanks a lot for any help!

~Falcry the Drake

Reply 1 of 1, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did you just try DOSBox? Then this question should be post on the DOSBox section on this forum. Anyway, have you tried SEARCHing on this forum? I am pretty sure Ravenloft has been discussed earlier. Have you tried installing the game natively first? Have you tried using VDMSound? Forget me, i do not want to overwhelm you with so many questions but we need more than a vague information to be able to help you further.
As for DOSBox, have you tried mounting the CD drive with its proper label? -> mount x x:\ -t cdrom -label <label>
Sometimes, it's needed.