VOGONS

Common searches

Labyrinth of Time (EA/Terra Nova, '93) Need Help!

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Corvus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have loved this game to death since I bought it over ten years ago. The only problem is, I haven't been able to play it in quite some time because of the evolution of Windows and DOS. After years of being able to play with no sound, it's now to the point where I can't play it at all.

I have attempted to run the game in Win95 compatibility mode on WinXP, allocating as much as I can to EMS and XMS, and had minimal success -- I can get into the game and have full sound and mobility. But shortly after triggering the first animation, be it pulling the chain on the toilet (if you don't know, don't ask) or opening the elevator, I lose sound. Upon triggering a second animation, the game locks completely.

Short of scrounging up an old 486 with Win3.1 on it, I'm not sure what to do. The system I am attempting to run the game on is an AMD Athlon XP 1600+ (1.4GHz) with 608 MB of RAM, running WinXP. Video is S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR and sound is Avance AC97 Audio. I don't want to forever lose the ability to play this game. There isn't a snowball's chance under the devil's rear end of EA ever releasing a patch or rereleasing the game with new compatibility, so if anyone could help me, I would be forever grateful.