VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It looks great and it works quite well (aside from the menu screens being in the wrong aspect ratio, but that's not that big of a problem 🤣), but I would like to know what kind of Glide emulation they used, and how I can tweak it for better speed and stuff. 🤣

Normally I'd be able to figure this out myself, but just from looking through the files it's a whole mess of config files and folders-within-folders, and it's just laid out in a really screwed up way. 😜

Reply 2 of 12, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

They used a modified build of dosbox and nglide. You can configure it by copying/installing nglide yourself as GOG.com for some reason has removed the nglide configuration utility

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 12, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Qbix wrote:

They used a modified build of dosbox and nglide. You can configure it by copying/installing nglide yourself as GOG.com for some reason has removed the nglide configuration utility

Yes, that's what I had to do... really not sure what they were thinking with this release. I want to waste those cops at native resolution!

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 4 of 12, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Qbix wrote:

Thanks! 😁 I'll give that a try.

EDIT: It works great, and now that I'm running it at native resolution it looks smoother too. 😀 Now what I'm wondering is, how can I set it so that the 2D screens (menus, map, etc.) are displayed in 4:3 and not in a small 16:10 box?

Reply 6 of 12, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Gamecollector wrote:
.conf editing, of course. aspect=true fullresolution=desktop output=ddraw (overlay and surface aren't scaling) scaler=none. […]
Show full quote

.conf editing, of course.
aspect=true
fullresolution=desktop
output=ddraw (overlay and surface aren't scaling)
scaler=none.

Tried that, it doesn't do a thing. 😜 The 2D screens being in the wrong aspect ratio aren't *that* big of a deal, but it is something I would like to fix.

Reply 7 of 12, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Err... I'm 100% sure GOG is using the separate .conf, not the default.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 9 of 12, by btw3d

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Tried that, it doesn't do a thing. 😜 The 2D screens being in the wrong aspect ratio aren't *that* big of a deal, but it is something I would like to fix.

Which version are you running? If it's 3dfx mode, you need to set 4:3 aspect ratio in nGlide configurator (it's removed in this release, so you need to install nGlide 0.99 and open configurator from the start menu).

Reply 10 of 12, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
btw3d wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Which version are you running? If it's 3dfx mode, you need to set 4:3 aspect ratio in nGlide configurator (it's removed in this release, so you need to install nGlide 0.99 and open configurator from the start menu).

Already did all that. 😜 The ingame screens are already in 4:3, so they're fine, but the map, menu screens, and FMVs are all in a slightly stretched 16:10 window in the center of my screen.