VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi may I ask if somebody would be kind enough to write a step by step on how to compile a dosbox with 3dfx support on linuxmint 13? I have spent hours reading and trying things off this forum but now my head is frazzled with all the different posts! How do I compile dosbox with patches? A simple step by step would be great!

Reply 1 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

if you have to ask, then it might be too difficult to begin with.
Maybe get some experience with compiling first, before tackling an advanced project.

If you do feel that you are experienced enough, then phrase your question better, like which patch should I use ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 8, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, thats just it, I have installed glide using a tutorial on here and it is there but when i come to following a compile guide it goes all astray and the repsonses are just a jumble so if possible a straight tutorial would be great or even a precompiled binary that works on Linuxmint? Thanks for the reply 😀

Reply 5 of 8, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for that. When I tried running that version i get an error "libSDL_sound-1.0.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64" and quits. Running the normal dosbox is fine obviously thoug hwithout glide support

Reply 6 of 8, by megatron-uk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Bladeforce wrote:

Thanks for that. When I tried running that version i get an error "libSDL_sound-1.0.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64" and quits. Running the normal dosbox is fine obviously thoug hwithout glide support

It means that the libSDL_sound-1.0.so.1 library is for a 64bit kernel - I'm guessing yours is 32bit.

What does 'uname -a' show on your system?

My collection database and technical wiki:
https://www.target-earth.net