VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by blexford

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm hoping someone can help. I can't get the sound to work on the shadow of the comet cd version. The install exe. seems to be corrupt so I can't configure anything, but the game does run well without sound.

All I need is a cfg or ini file to get it running and I'm hoping that someone can either send it to me or tell me how it should be setup. I'd really appreciate any help.

Reply 2 of 8, by blexford

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I attempt to run the install exe, there's a whole lot of unrecognizable characters and no way of making any selections. It's just as bad in pure dos, but with dosbox I can actually read what it says but I still can't make any selections.
If I simply run the shadow exe, the game runs fine but unfortunately without any sound.
So if I had the cfg or ini file I could manually make adjustments and play it with sound. I either need this file, a new install exe, or an explanation of how the cfg file is setup.
Any help would be appreciated.

Reply 3 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Welcome to the forums. I still got a floppy version somewhere around. Now i'm at work but when i got home i will try it and i even send you a zipped cfg config or two. Will try midi/SB etc...

Reply 5 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Everything seems to work just fine using VDMSound here, under WinXP. I am sending you the CONFIG.TAT file (SB music + effects). Be aware, though, that i have the Spanish (or multilanguage) version for Shadow of the comet.

Reply 6 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Shame on me. I sent you the file 'as is'. That is not a valid extension. Doh!

Attachments

• Filename
    CONFIG.ZIP
    File size
    195 Bytes
    Downloads
    225 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 7 of 8, by blexford

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the file eL_PuSHeR, but unfortunately it doesn't help me.
I was hoping that I could manually configure a cfg file and run the game in pure dos but I'm pretty sure the cd version uses a different file than your floppy version.
I've been able to get sound with VDMsound but the game crashes after 2 minutes with an out of memory error. In pure DOS it runs flawlessly without sound but then when I enable the dos sound drivers it just hangs there. It won't run at all in dosbox.
So I guess I've run out of ideas.

Reply 8 of 8, by Zygi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello. I f you want to have sound in this game you have to run install.exe witch "c:" at the end - install c: - this way you will run setup - and there you will be able to set up your sound card. Program will install 2 files in c:\infogram\shadow.cd\ directory and that's it. to start game you run shadow.exe from cd. Works fine with VMD. If something is still not working - ask.