VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

it was probably been asked to death here,judging on how many posts i found..but none of them has a solution(to my issue anyway).basically,i'm trying deat hrally on a 1999 pentium celeron machine with win 98 on it.if i try to run the game on windows,it will complain about not having a compatible svga card and to use univbe.i have a 3dfx voodoo 3,and i tried univbe,but no avail,since univbe says that my card is not supported.rebooted into full dos mode using a win 98 bootdisk,the game complains about pmode 1(i suppose protected windows memory mode),i use the /w string and the game runs..with no sound whatsoever.on the setup menu,i set up the soundblaster 16 card(that or the Compatible one yields the same results)and the sound starts very quickly in the intro,then disappears completely.the game keep on running fine,but with no audio.i use the 200,irq 1 dma 1 config i use on every other game,though if i substitute the 5 with 7 on irq,the soudn this time is veeeeryy slow,so much slow that i have to turn off the speakers,oh and the game seems slow as well.any help?

Reply 1 of 2, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Your post is very difficult to read since you do not use any paragraphs or capital letters or spaces after your punctuation.

You're aware that there is a Windows version of this game that will work perfectly on modern computers, right? (I'm not talking about the remake that costs money; this is a freeware port made from the original source code.)
http://www.moddb.com/groups/free-software-ini … ws-full-version

Otherwise, try VesaFix.
VESA Fix Utility Listing (for old video cards)

Reply 2 of 2, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i know that port,but if i wanted to play it on amodern pc,i would have used dosbox.beside i tried that version on my win 98 machine and is super slow.they probably added some stuff to the main code