VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have a floppy disk of Dyna Blaster and the manual. Game installs fine (it gets decompressed), loads fine, FM music plays, but the game will not accept keyboard input. I don't have the parallel port dongle that allowed you to connect two Atari joysticks or any reference card. I assume that it may expect these to be used as a default. I don't know of any command line arguments that may let the game know to accept keyboard input by default. Ironically, a hacked version that has been floating around does not have this problem.

Also, the screen raster is not entirely stable, it gets kind of shaky. I would guess this is due to the unusual, 256x232 mode the game uses.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 1 of 2, by Stefan_L

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have the Atari ST version of this game and it needs the dongle for "player 1" controls wich is the player that controls the menu, i guess this was part of the copy protection and if the hacked version you mention works so is it because it was hacked to re-configure defaults controls 😀

The title screen has shaky raster even on the ST version.