VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by nl255

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am running Ultima 8 under Windows 98SE and it is working fine except that the mouse pointer moves way too fast. I tried slowing down the pointer in the control panel, but that has no effect on Ultima 8. I am using an old Pentium 233 system for older DOS games at the moment, and the ultima 8 in windows patch works great except for that one issue. Is there any way of slowing down the mouse in DOS programs running in Windows without just rebooting to pure DOS and using a DOS mouse driver to set the mouse speed? The game speed is just right, only the mouse speed is too fast, so moslo will not help.

Reply 1 of 2, by The Avatar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hm, with the original Dos... U can use Dosbox OR VDMS. But it seems that rebooting to pure DOS is the best. Well, we must do some sacrifices to run some games. I'm trying to run Ultima Underworld for 1,5 year...

Of your friend,
The Avatar

Reply 2 of 2, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Moslo should solve your problem... Just set it to -30 and it should be alright...

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John