VOGONS

First post, by allhardware

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi. I have spent many hours trying to get this card working with Impulse Tracker. The program seems to load its EWS64 driver just fine, and appears to play files just fine, except: no sound. Anyone here with relevant experience?

(I got it working with IT's SB Pro driver on a fresh installation, possibly before installing the EWS64 Codec and associated fluff in Win98SE. Also, sound works fine in Windows.)

Update: The EWS64XL seems to be generating a clock signal while in DOS. However, the signal goes away when Impulse Tracker is loaded.

Reply 1 of 5, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi, I don't have an EWS64 XL. But I recall that MOD4WIN had an special hardware mode,
which supported this card (among others such as OPL4 and GUS).

Maybe it's worth a try!

But be careful to get the right version, later versions had hardware mode removed.

MOD4WIN can be found here:

http://www.kay-bruns.de/mod4win/
http://meuble.radio.free.fr/mod4win/english.html

Good luck!

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 2 of 5, by allhardware

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, but I don't really care about making it work in Windows. Last night (after hooking up a Soundtrack PCI card which failed to work) the analog output started working in DOS with my aforementioned program. The digital outputs still don't work though. And if i initialise the card with ewsinit.exe, nothing works. Still, it's a much-improved situation.

Reply 3 of 5, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Never mind..

Reason I mentioned it was IT contrib.txt, line 128.
Kay also worked on M4W.

I'm glad the situation improved. Does S/PDIF work ?

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 5 of 5, by allhardware

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jo22 wrote:

Does S/PDIF work ?

In Windows, yes. DOS, no. At least not with this program using itewscod.drv / itewscod.mmx (the MMX filter being another issue altogether: audio becomes garbled when it's applied. And the onboard effects don't seem to work, at all.)