VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by tonedef

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

I´ve got a strange problem with my german CD version of Sam&Max.
It works with music and sound but after a view minutes the game starts
to "stutter" when Sam says something.
Have no idea how to solve the problem...

Help?

Reply 3 of 7, by Cthulhus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry ... next time I'll seach on google first ... 🙁

http://www.scummvm.org/

ScummVM is a 'virtual machine' for several classic graphical point-and-click adventure games. It is designed to run: Adventure Soft's Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2; Revolution's Beneath A Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1 and Broken Sword 2; Flight of the Amazon Queen; and games based on LucasArts' SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) system.

SCUMM is used for many games, including Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and more.

Compatibility with supported games is continually improving, so check back often.

That's sound good !!

Sorry for my poor english ! 😉 But, try to speak french like I'm speak english ! 😀 It's not easy !

Reply 6 of 7, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Well, there are people who prefer originals up to the last detail. I remember similar situation with Exult (Ultima 7 engine). There are people who want to run specifically Ultima 7 and *not* Exult (even though Exult has many nice additions - like scalers etc.).
The original is just one... Exult or ScummVM are not originals and there is a minority of people for whom it matters.

Mirek

Reply 7 of 7, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

SCUMMVM running SCUMM based adventure games predates DOSBox by some time. They had/have a set of goals that they continue to pursue. The product is an absolute gem and does exactly what it says on the tin.

DOSBox is also a damn fine product but it's goals are completely different (and probably somewhat harder to achieve?!).

Either way, it's a case of use the best tool for the job. There's certainly room for more than one idea 😀