VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Strahd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Been wanting to play this game - unfortunatley I lost the CD and half the floppys for the disk version. I heard somewhere that this game became abandonware, and is legal to download from the internet...if this is the case, does anyone know how to obtain it?
I'm against warez and all, and don't wanna steal anything from anyone, but I'm kinda confused at this point, so to anyone with any knowledge on the subject, I'd appreciate any advice.

-----------------------------------
Why wont it work!

Reply 1 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Strictly speaking, unless the copyright owners have said it is okay, it is illegal to copy (download) copyrighted software, even if the copyright owners have disappeared.

Personally, and according to my sense of moral, I think it is acceptable to copy a game, if a the owners can not be found. Of course, there is also the possibility, that an owner will surface and start claiming their copyright. At that point, I would probably destroy my copy of said game.

That said, search for something called Home of the Underdogs (HOTU among friends).

Edit: I am not a lawyer - I only pretend to be one 😀

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 7, by ribbon13

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If you own a copy it is not illegal for you to download it.
It is illegal for where ever you get it from to host it
It is also illegal for you to upload if you get it from a torrent

I personally would just find it and not worry.

Reply 3 of 7, by Strahd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm...well now finding it seems to be a huge problem,
any abandonware site I go to either dosen't have it listed, or the ones that do have it, have broken links. 😒 Would anyone happen to know where exactly to find this thing?

Why wont it work!

Reply 5 of 7, by Strahd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

THIS SITE HOSTS NO ABANDONWARE OR RELATED MATERIAL THAT IS KNOWINGLY ILLEGAL.

You see, I created this topic for that purpose, to see whether or not it was legal in the first place, and judging by the responses I recieved, I figured it was...

If you own a copy it is not illegal for you to download it.

I personally would just find it and not worry.

If it was "knowingly illegal" I wouldn't of been asking in the first place, because I would of known. So please don't jump on me with the "NO NO ONE WILL EVER TELL YOU" stuff, I'm no criminal and have no intention of stealing anyone's work, I'm just asking a question.

Why wont it work!

Reply 6 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Buy it here:

http://www.cdaccess.com/html/pc/ad&d-rl.htm

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions