Answering myself (as usual 😉 ) and quoting the user "impc7r" from https://www.gog.com/forum/legend_of_kyr ... g_versions.
"UPDATE for DOSBOX:
Looks like im unexpectedly quick figuring out to make games work on DosBox with little to no research and I need Kyr3 with sound because in the far past I played this without any sound, speech or anything. Here is how 😀
- You need the DOS version of the game with its exec's. The one that worked for me can be found LINK REMOVED The file is Malcoms_revenge and as you can see it's only 30MB because a lot of the audio is missing and dialogs.
- Unpack that version from the file you saved, you will use it as a base and get the files from GOG over here.
- Install your GOG version, I order the short version and the GOG version by file types. In the Malcolms_Revenge
- do you see any AUD files? that's right there are none, copy them from the GOG folder to Malcolms_Revenge. TITLE1.AUD may exist but is 0byte filesize, so copy that one too from the GOG. PAK files are good.
- Ignore any saves, scummvm folders, goglog, gog ico, webcache and such related files you do not need to copy those
- Copy all TLK, all VQA and WESTWOOD.001 files from GOG into Malcolms_Revenge
Your game has the files to run with sound.
- For first run, run the setup while in DosBox, even tho I mostly use Sound Blaster Pro 2.0, you should select Sound Blaster in the setup to hear music and audio and speech and yep it is just like how it should sound.
- Run KYRANDI3.BAT, and while Intro does not load as if missing (there is K3Intro0.VQA), at least all the rest is fine. Note: There could be better versions of Kyrandia 3 but some require windows and would not work at all."
This worked fine on my Toshiba 480 CDT, but it did not work on the Toshiba libretto 110CT (basically the same hardware, but in a smaller package). Did anyone get the game to place successfully on the Libretto?