VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mike_canada

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm trying to figure out how to setup my linux machine with dos so that people with 64-bit windows can setup their machines with dos with networking with few steps.

I can run DOSEMU and DOSBOX with an OS and DOS networking no problem.

I looked for settings to enable networking for DOSBOX for windows, but their manuals always point to Linux for a solution but not everyone runs linux. There is no DOSEMU for windows to my knowledge.

Both Qemu and VirtualBox refuse to work properly on my Slackware 14 system. My machine is also 32-bit. I tried various versions of each software and none can install correctly. Plus on top of that, VirtualBox is as bad as microsoft because they like to make previous versions of their software as "End of Life" or "unsupported" after x months.

Is there any other DOS virtualization software I could try that works with Windows 64-bit and Linux 32-bit hosts?

Reply 1 of 2, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What exactly are you trying to run in DOS? Some cleanly programmed stuff just using text modes works in windows command prompts still.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 2 of 2, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

According to recent reports DosBox is ment to work swimmingly in Windows 10..... Have I been misinformed?

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉