VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dontbugster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm wondering if 'Batman the movie' from OCEAN ever had some kind of music (official or not).
LINK REMOVED

It's funny that it supported so many graphics cards, but it lacked any kind of sound.

VGA graphics look close to the amiga version, but just a very quiet pc speaker is avaible?
Amiga music or even ZX Spectrum version had an incredible soundtrack.

Last edited by DosFreak on 2022-08-04, 23:38. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 4, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Especially if it's an amiga-based multiplat for DOS where you only either get a choice of hearing one poorly converted song, or sound effects that sound right out of some standard adlib library. Tough choices.

Mind that sound cards weren't too prevalent on IBM PCs until 1991, and there were some major games that only used adlib momentarily while having an ingame soundscape of pc beeper (like Mechwarrior)...

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 4, by Riikcakirds

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The previous 'Batman the caped crusader' from 1989 says on the box it supported at least tandy sound (3 pc speaker).
Batman the movie is definitely only pc speaker, Ocean cheaped out. I completed it around 1992 in cga mode. One thing that bugged me with the game, the joystick calibration routine is broken. There is no deadzone when you center of the joystick, batman moves.