VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Santyago

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I'm playing with SoundBlaster Live! in pure DOS. I noticed that the driver is loading 2MB wavetable file named default.ecw. Are there any alternatives? If I remember correctly, SBLIve was able to load 32MB wavetable files.

Reply 1 of 2, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Santyago wrote on 2022-10-28, 22:25:

Hi,

I'm playing with SoundBlaster Live! in pure DOS. I noticed that the driver is loading 2MB wavetable file named default.ecw. Are there any alternatives? If I remember correctly, SBLIve was able to load 32MB wavetable files.

Under DOS, you can only load ECW files and the largest official one available is 8MB in size. These were the same ones as those for use on the Ensoniq AudioPCI and the Creative Labs cards base on the same chip family (ES1370, ES1371, ES1373), such as the PCI64 and PCI128 under both DOS and Windows . See here for the 8MB version : https://support.creative.com/downloads/search … ame=eapci8m.ecw#

The SB Live! and Audigy cards use ECW sample sets in DOS and SF2 sample sets in Windows. The 32MB limit applied to the SF2 sample sets under Windows, but the was later removed, AFAICR .