VOGONS

Common searches

Bloody Blood!

Topic actions

First post, by Vash the Stampede

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well DosBox installs the game then gets to the title screen then freezes and ejects the disc before closing (tried with dynamic and full core). On XP I use VDMsound but the game won't start it says something like DPMI_PhysicaltoLinearfailed () or similiar. The Deathmask buildxp guide doesn't seem to work properly for me, and I can't get Gildos to work either. (I'm using Blood and the Plasma Pack). Step 6 I think of the build xp guide I don't think I did it correctly? Where you have to use the command line interface or something. If you don't know what site I mean here: http://www.deathmask.net/buildxp/

Anyone know how I can get this running? I'm using Windows XP with SP2, running a AMD 3500+.

Reply 1 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Don't use Blood in DosBox. The best you can hope for on that machine is perhaps 20fps in 640x480 with terrible sound quality.....and that's the best. Lowering resolution and playing around with sound quality may help....but if your using Windows XP then you should be able to run Blood on the host.

So first of all....Configure Blood's setup utility to run the game in 320x200. Setup the sound, now run the game with VDMSound. If it runs then your halfway there.

Now to fix the "DPMI_PhysicaltoLinear" error message (You'll need to be using a VESA mode to get this error message), simple run NOLFB before executing blood.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Does Blood use DOS4GW as DOS-Extender? If so, has anybody try replacing it with DOS32A 7.x?

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 8, by Cody Richeson

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

Don't use Blood in DosBox. The best you can hope for on that machine is perhaps 20fps in 640x480 with terrible sound quality.....and that's the best. Lowering resolution and playing around with sound quality may help....but if your using Windows XP then you should be able to run Blood on the host.

So first of all....Configure Blood's setup utility to run the game in 320x200. Setup the sound, now run the game with VDMSound. If it runs then your halfway there.

Now to fix the "DPMI_PhysicaltoLinear" error message (You'll need to be using a VESA mode to get this error message), simple run NOLFB before executing blood.

What do you mean by "run Blood on the host?" I have Blood too (shareware) and it doesn't run in DosBox either.

Reply 6 of 8, by Cody Richeson

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
HunterZ wrote:

He means running it in a command prompt window in Windows instead of in DOSBox I think.

I tried that and it didn't work. Any other suggestions? Because I really want to play Blood and other Build-era games!

Reply 7 of 8, by Mike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There should be a Blood port around the net if Glidos does not work, anyway, I would suggest that you dual boot with Win 95, or buy a Pentium 200 on Ebay, unfortunately, there is not much to do at this time.

Reply 8 of 8, by AvalonH

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I tried this in XP (no dosbox), run nolfb, unirfrsh and vdmsound. Patched the game to v1.1 to get 1600x1200 vesa @85hz (using modified
videoprt.sys). Runs very fast with full sound.