VOGONS

Common searches

Alien Rampage: Missing Cutscenes?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by OpenRift

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I've been doing some research on Softdisk's Alien Rampage when I learned that there are cutscenes that are supposed to play at the beginning and (supposedly) the end of the game. The GOG release of the game however, does not come with these cutscenes. Doing some more research I found a comment thread under this YouTube video (it's 3 comments down), where someone mentions that there were files on their disc called "INTRO.HCL" and "END.HCL". I've taken a look at several different revisions of the disc on Internet Archive as well as the game.gog image included with the GOG install and none of them seem to have these files, nor do these cutscenes play when installed.

That being said, I believe this means that there is another variant of this disc that has not been archived in any form. This is where I'd like to ask you, the good people of VOGONs, if any of you happen to have a registered mail-order copy of the game and it contains those cutscenes, I would like to ask that you make an RIP of the disc and upload it to REMOVED, for preservation purposes.

Last edited by DosFreak on 2023-05-11, 20:44. Edited 1 time in total.