VOGONS

Common searches

How does MSOLO work???

Topic actions

First post, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the slowdown program MSOLO, but i dont know how it work....im only a 15 years old swedish guy, with medium english knowledge, so i dont understand the strange words they use at the readme file.....i have tried just to copy the file into the game i want to slow down..but i dont know how to activate the program.....i know that i shall write something about:
msolo/5 something.cmd or exe, but where shall i write it???
please help me........i want to slow down the ultima games, hehe.......😀

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 1 of 20, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by kukus444 i want to slow down the ultima games

http://www.hpaa.com/moslo/inwin.asp
or
Try DosBox. Adjust speed using Ctrl-F11 for slower, Ctrl-F12 for faster.

Reply 2 of 20, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i searched on dosbox...and then i found a page with something like dosbox.zophar.net or com .....i dont really remember....but after that, i downloaded a file named dosbox 0,57 is it that file????
when i tested it, it seemed to be a very strange program, it was nothing about F12 and F11......

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 3 of 20, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I will try to speak with simple words for you. I understand how hard it is to try to read a foreign language. It is very hard since this is very technical.

Yes, that is the correct program. It emulates (it fakes) DOS. You run programs in it as if it were DOS. Pressing the keys Ctrl+F11 decreases the speed of DOS. Pressing the keys Ctrl+F12 increases the speed of DOS. It only runs programs for 386 or lower computers, but is very good.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 4 of 20, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Now i begin to understand...i didnt see that i should press ctrl+F11 and F12 i thought it just was F11 and F12 not ctrl 😁
but....you mean that i only can use the program on a 386 and lower??? i have a P4 1700MHz??hmmm.....and when i press ctrl F12 in the program...how do i know what it slows down??does it slow down my whole computer??

this is 2 questions, so i want 2 answears hehe 😀

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 6 of 20, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

how do i know what it slows down??does it slow down my whole computer?? and how does it work?? i tested ctrl F11 and F12 and it worked, but i dont know what it slows down?

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 9 of 20, by skid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

kukus444, try this:

1. Unzip dosbox-057 to a directory
2. Install the game you want to play to another directory
3. Start dosbox. You should see a dos prompt like window pointing to Z:\>
4. At the "Z:\>" prompt, type "MOUNT C <game dir>" where <game dir> is the directory you installed the game into in step 2 above.
5. Type "C:"
6. Type the name of the exe which starts the game.
7. Press "Alt-Enter" to switch to full screen.
8. Hope it works.

Good luck

Reply 11 of 20, by skid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

At this point, you have two options:

1. Try setting up the sound card settings for your game from within DOSBox.

2. Wait for a newer version of DOSBox. Updates come quite regularly and DOSBox is improving rapidly.

Merry Christmas

Reply 13 of 20, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by kukus444 tried to run dosbox with vdmsound but it didnt work.....

DosBox is a Windows program. Never attempt to use VDMSound with a Windows program. VDMSound is for DOS programs.

DosBox is basically emulating a 386-PC with DOS v5 and a mouse.
The main difference is that you direct DosBox to your REAL hard drive directories. While using DosBox, you must use it like a DOS 386-PC. Which means you must know how to change directories, list directories, run setup programs, etc...

Reply 17 of 20, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Snover No, I was telling Nicht Sehr Gut to stop being mean to you.

Heh. I was just clarifying the do's and don'ts of DosBox (as he apparently didn't understand what it was doing).

You're the meanie. *heh*

Reply 19 of 20, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hehehe...ok..stupid stupid nicht sehr gut 😁....but im not this stupid in the reality, it is just the english....it is because of that i dont understand so much hehe....but you all make it easier for me, thx for that....😀

- Kukus444 has spoken!