VOGONS

First post, by OLPhotos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi! i was able to get the first Emergency Room game running in DOSBox with no issues, then i decided to install ER: Disaster Strikes, which unlike the first one, is an old windows game. The game runs fine so far but the screen is very small, with no way to change the settings or a config file. Besides that, when any audio is playing there's a lot of crackling with it.

I've been trying to find a way to increase the resolution but so far i've found no way to do so. I'm running the game on Windows 10, i have tried the compatibility modes but when doing so the game will crash, so it only runs without compatibility mode

Edit: A few minutes after posting this, i had an epiphany and actually managed to solve the resolution problem, so for those who are trying to play this game here's what i did:
I went into nvidia control panel > adjust desktop size and position > selected aspect ratio and perform scaling on Display > right click on desktop > display settings > change screen res to 800x600 > launch game
now it covers most of my screen vertically.

The sound issue remains though, it's very hard to understand what's being spoken, i haven't found any fix for that