VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by 9646gt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey guys I have an original copy of Croc Legend of the Gobos that does not have the directX patch installed. I have tried running it on a Pentium 200MMX 64MB or RAM and a Innovission VooDoo Bamshee PCI with driver 1.03.04 I think it is (1999 driver). As well as a Dell T500 Dimension upgraded to a 1.2GHZ Tualitin CPU with 512MB of ram and a VooDoo 2 1000 PCI (device manager doesn’t show driver version just 6-17-99) hooked up to a GeForce 4 ti 4200.

The socket 7 machine has a 430vx chipset and is a IBM Aptiva 2176-c6B that’s upgraded and that machine, even after deleting the femmap.vxd and all glide files from the Croc folder as seen in some ancient threads, refuses to run in 3dfx mode and just hangs on a black screen or crashes entirely.

On the Dell, it runs in software mode. In VooDoo compatible mode it black screens and I hear the windows error sound and task manager shows there should be an error message but I can’t see it behind that screen, and it ran it once in Rush mode but now won’t even go back into that. I copied my windows system folder glide DLL to the croc folder and still no go. I’ve been at it for two days. Any help please?? I’m starting to think voodoo just isn’t worth it as I always seem to have issues. Ugh.

Edit: Windows 98 SE clean install on the IBm and Windows Me is on the Dell

Reply 1 of 1, by 9646gt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Fixed on at least the Voodoo 2 Dell! Just copy fxmemmap glide2x DLL and OVL files all to the game folder from windows / system folders after deleting the original files. Too bad controls on the game have NOT aged well haha.