VOGONS

Common searches

Space Haste 2 (Dreams Interactive/Big City Games) - simple tip above Game Settings config

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you find the "Game Settings" shortcut settings aren't being saved, it's because the shortcut is pointing to the CD-ROM's config.exe program!

Simply open the CD-ROM, and copy the config.exe program into the folder where you installed SpaceHaste2, then run it, and the settings will be saved.

SpaceHaste2, if anyone doesn't know, was the full, final, DX8 version of SpaceHaste (with 8 tracks and music), which started out life as a 4 track RealNetworks game. Before that, it saw a demo release as Mars Maniacs, by Church Of Electronic Entertainment. I have the full story about the game from the developers website stored somewhere... anyway the Big City Games version is the most complete!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 1 of 8, by mzlink

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently bought the Big City Games games edition and there is no soundtrack on the cd, neither is anything heard when i poke around with the "CD" options.

Unfortunately the game only displays correctly for a couple of seconds before textures go missing except for some diagonal stuff like tunnels edge-lights and vehicle lights...

However, viewing a gamefile named CD.ascii reveals the soundtrack intended to be on this cd:

; NOTE: TABs are correctly shown with tab size of 4. Please do not
; reformat these files because of lousy text editor!!!

TracksOnCD 8 ;this many entries get read

TitleOfTrack1 " www.atomicrecords.co.uk"
ArtistOfTrack1 " hit and run by slinky wizard"
MenuEntry1 "hit and run"

TitleOfTrack2 " www.twisted.co.uk"
ArtistOfTrack2 "fluoro neuro sponge by hallucinogen"
MenuEntry2 "fluoro neuro"

TitleOfTrack3 " www.flying-rhino.co.uk"
ArtistOfTrack3 " vitamin z by bus and supercozi"
MenuEntry3 "vitamin z"

TitleOfTrack4 " www.twisted.co.uk"
ArtistOfTrack4 " orphic thrench by hallucinogen"
MenuEntry4 "orphic"

TitleOfTrack5 " www.twisted.co.uk"
ArtistOfTrack5 " mi-loony-um by hallucinogen"
MenuEntry5 "mi-loony-um"

TitleOfTrack6 " www.atomicrecords.co.uk"
ArtistOfTrack6 " power trip by psychaos"
MenuEntry6 "power trip"

TitleOfTrack7 " www.twisted.co.uk"
ArtistOfTrack7 " deranger by hallucinogen"
MenuEntry7 "deranger"

TitleOfTrack8 " www.cosmophilia.com"
ArtistOfTrack8 " land of freedom by deedrah"
MenuEntry8 "freedom"

;make no modifications to this
;=============================
CHECKSUM 1128161863

Reply 2 of 8, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's odd, my copy from Big City Games has 8 CD audio tracks on the disc, which I can play in Windows Media Player!

If you'd like me to rip them and send you them, so you can burn your own disc with them in place, just let me know (plus if you need them as MP3, FLAC or WAV (big file download!).

FYI I've had games missing soundtracks before, notable the Xplosiv version of Sonic R (they sent me a replacement CD with the music in place!) and an ancient futuristic racer from Mindscape called CyberSpeed; I got an Expert Software budget re-release, and that had no audio. I had to download a rip of the PlayStation version to re-instate the audio, which turned out to be the same as the PC version. Then again, you can still get the original audio from the game, as the musician is selling it (plus it's an extended version)!: https://marktdkknight.bandcamp.com/album/cybe … speed-unleashed)

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 4 of 8, by cosvandaman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey VirtualIceMan,

Would you happen to still have this game and the associated soundtrack files? I'm in the same boat as mzlink here, with my copy of the game having zero soundtrack!

I had made a new post about a year ago to avoid resurrecting this thread since it's so old, but I had no luck doing so. Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong; I'm very new here and made an account simply to try and get this issue resolved.

Any help is appreciated!

Reply 5 of 8, by cosvandaman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
VirtuaIceMan wrote on 2015-11-30, 00:38:

That's odd, my copy from Big City Games has 8 CD audio tracks on the disc, which I can play in Windows Media Player!

If you'd like me to rip them and send you them, so you can burn your own disc with them in place, just let me know (plus if you need them as MP3, FLAC or WAV (big file download!).

FYI I've had games missing soundtracks before, notable the Xplosiv version of Sonic R (they sent me a replacement CD with the music in place!) and an ancient futuristic racer from Mindscape called CyberSpeed; I got an Expert Software budget re-release, and that had no audio. I had to download a rip of the PlayStation version to re-instate the audio, which turned out to be the same as the PC version. Then again, you can still get the original audio from the game, as the musician is selling it (plus it's an extended version)!: https://marktdkknight.bandcamp.com/album/cybe … speed-unleashed)

Hi VirtualIceMan,

Do you still have this game and its soundtrack available? I am unfortunately facing the same issue, with my (2!) CD copies of the game not having any soundtrack on them!

Reply 6 of 8, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey guys (mzlink this might be a bit later at almost 9 years later 😁)

I've ripped the CD audio tracks from my copy in both FLAC and MP3 320kbps and you can grab it here:

REMOVED

Last edited by DosFreak on 2024-03-27, 22:34. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 7 of 8, by cosvandaman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
VirtuaIceMan wrote on 2024-03-21, 20:25:

Hey guys (mzlink this might be a bit later at almost 9 years later 😁)

I've ripped the CD audio tracks from my copy in both FLAC and MP3 320kbps and you can grab it here:

REMOVED

Thanks SO much! I really appreciate it. I really wonder how many copies of this game released without the soundtrack... 🤣!