VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by halmtier

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So, I managed to find my old Copy of Gabriel Knight and tried to run it. I mounted everything up in Doss box, but all the commands say they either 'require windows' or 'error saving cfg'. Ok then...

Tried running from XP using computability m9odes. The game intro plays fine and Gabriel wakes up and talks, but as soon as I have control and try to talk to the first girl, the game comes up with tonnes of errors before crashing.

Finally I tried to use the XP installer found online (http://www.gabrielknight2k.tk/) and everything sets up fine, but when I run the game I get an error: "Your current display driver is not supported by this game. We require a driver than can display 256 colors or more. You can install a different driver by selecting the appropriate options in Windows setup."

If it means the Windows XP installer for the game, there is no driver selection. And I have been able to get games like Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, Kings quest (all of them) and so on working with no issue on the same rig/setup I am using now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated- I searched the boards and didn't find anything that helped.

-THE HOBO-