VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by dugeen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the guide VIM, everything worked fine, but oddly not the first time. But when it's worked once, it always works after that.

Reply 21 of 23, by elfuego

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
VirtuaIceMan wrote:

Wow thanks for that. I'm not using Glide in NFS3 either (tried various things), it's just my graphics card isn't recognised by EA's then-clever system for detecting graphics cards! From most of what I read on the web it's not possible to run 32bit in NFS3, but I'm sure I did, and it sounds like you do!

No he didnt, and you didnt either 😀

NFS3 did not support 32bit color. But NFS4:HS did and it supported all the tracks from NFS3 too, so you might remember playing NFS4:HS instead 😉

Just grab NFS4:HS and play with "Unknown D3D device" - you can play on any new graphic card out there, almost as beautiful (but not quite) as on voodoo. Porsche unleashed needs some tweaking before graphics are set correctly. I dont remember all the details though, as I positively hate that game (the only NFS I didnt finish so far) ;-/

Reply 22 of 23, by lernatix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey peeps, I managed to install NFSSE onto my XP PC (1gig) just by using the
512meg downgrade program. It took a long time as the sound and video tests
were quite laggy. Then I spotted this thread and decided to delete the install and
try again to get some performance.

Following OP's steps, I managed to get up to the "test" portion and then had
to ALT-TAB and CTRL-ALT-DEL and got this error:

"The instruction at 0041a004 referenced memory at 000b0000
The memory couldn't be written."

Any ideas?

Reply 23 of 23, by lernatix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK nevermind, re-installed my way and got the .SDB file to run the
game OK. Now any tips on using the Glide wrapper?