Common searches

Can someone help me?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 26, by PcBytes

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wow.Just look at this,at the final of the page.
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K6-2/AMD-K6-2%2 … 6-2-400AHX.html
AMD K6-III/400AHX!
Also,it says this thing,which confuses me:
"This processor supports both 66 MHz (Socket 7) and 100 MHz (Super 7) bus frequences. For 66 MHz bus speed use 6x clock multiplier, for 100 MHz bus speed use 4x clock multiplier."
Alright,alright,but where i can get the 6x multiplier on a PCChips M577?

Reply 23 of 26, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PcBytes wrote:

So this means even the AHX I have is a CXT?

Probably. I did some googling and found this:

If you can look at the chip it should have the number 26351 etched in the bottom left hand corner of the ceramic (top side near the square dot).

If it has this number, it should be CXT. You can also look this up with software, but I find the manual way to be easier since I don't have to insert, boot, run program, shutdown etc etc all over again.
Alternatively, you could simply check this by setting the fsb to 66Mhz (or lower) and setting the multi to 2x. If it remaps to 6x, then you have the CXT 😀

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 25 of 26, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Another big advantage of the CXT core is that it has memory type range registers, which can be used to dramatically speed up graphics in DOS games.

Reply 26 of 26, by PcBytes

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nice!Might give that a shot as soon as I repair my PCs to reflash the PCChips BIOS.If not,a Pentium II might be fine for DOS gaming or Windows experiments (Windows 98 hacks 😁 )