VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Hi guys, Im new to all this and am attempting to install then run Return to Krondor on my newer PC. Im running xp on a 900mhz compaq. How do I go about installing this game? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Reply 1 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It might be fast enough to run it in DOSBox (a DOS emulator that runs on lots of operating systems, but takes a hefty CPU). If not and you're running Win2000 or XP, you'll want to use VDMSound (a soundcard emulator that works with Win2K/XP's built-in DOS emulator, NTVDM). If you're using Win9x/ME, you can probably make a DOS boot disk or just launch the game from Windows if you're lucky.

Reply 2 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Is not "Return to Krondor" Windows game? "Betrayal at Krondor" was a DOS game, but already its "sequel" (in style, not story) "Betrayal in Antara" was a Windows game. "Return to Krondor" came out even later...
If it is a Windows game, then it cannot be run in DOSBOX. Go to Windows forum.
I am not certain, so I do not move this thread there yet...

Mirek

Reply 3 of 5, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Return of Krondor is indeed a Windows game. It should be able to run it without any problems on XP aswell. At least I can get it to work just fine on Windows 2000.

Reply 4 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Oh yeah that piece of crap... Throw it away and play B@K instead 😉

I remember getting it to work in Win2K, but it had some graphical glitches because it was made in the early days of Direct3D. You might try using software rendering instead of hardware-accelerated 3D rendering if you get to that point.