VOGONS

First post, by greasemonkey90s

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is there a patch fix this issue. Wont let me start a new game regardless if i have the cd inside the drive. Installs fine and runs but keep saying insert cd.

Reply 1 of 4, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Look into the registry, it should be under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Pyro\Commandos\1.0MP". Modify the entry "DirCd". the previous value was "X:\COMAN_MP" (X:\ was the CD-Rom Drive used for this particular installation) all you do is change the caps from capital to small letters: "X:\coman_mp". The game will load and you will still probably see Tiny with the insert cd notification. Just click cancel and you should be able to run the game.

Replace X with the letter of your cd drive

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 2 of 4, by greasemonkey90s

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Davros wrote:

Look into the registry, it should be under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Pyro\Commandos\1.0MP". Modify the entry "DirCd". the previous value was "X:\COMAN_MP" (X:\ was the CD-Rom Drive used for this particular installation) all you do is change the caps from capital to small letters: "X:\coman_mp". The game will load and you will still probably see Tiny with the insert cd notification. Just click cancel and you should be able to run the game.

Thanks for the response will try when i get home. Never played this game and i heard it was awesome.

Reply 3 of 4, by greasemonkey90s

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Davros wrote:

Well first i have to run it in w95 compatibilty mode and i still the same no cd. Mine was called commandos in all caps. Put everything to lowercase it didnt matter. Maybe try to find a patch first.?