VOGONS

Grand Prix 4

Topic actions

First post, by Daysofdosflightsims

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,
I am trying to get GP4 running on my W10 pc. All runs wel except for the sound: there is no sound. After trying all the suggested options I found on the internet it seems to me that GP4 does not recognize my sound card (onboard Intel display audio with Realtek driver). I cannot find any option to set this manually and the game does not let me recalibrate it (it also does not calibrate on a first start up of the game). It is the game from gp4central.

One strange thing: I had sound on one occasion when I started the game and I thought I had fixed it (intellivibe option). No such luck. So it can work, but how. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 3, by Daysofdosflightsims

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Progress! In a sudden moment ofinsight I set the game to run in windowed mode: sound! It works. Now I have to find a way to sizeand place the window right. It is a bit to big. Maybe dxwnd will help, I wi.. give it a try.

Reply 2 of 3, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Daysofdosflightsims wrote on 2020-11-25, 13:38:

Progress! In a sudden moment ofinsight I set the game to run in windowed mode: sound! It works. Now I have to find a way to sizeand place the window right. It is a bit to big. Maybe dxwnd will help, I wi.. give it a try.

dgVoodoo may help if its a D3D application. There is an option to enable Alt+Enter

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 3 of 3, by Daysofdosflightsims

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Solved! Simplest workaround is to plug in my headphones so that there is another audio device being used. That works, the game is playable in full screen with audio.