VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Steel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey I was reading Y2J's problem with QG5 and my problem is different. I don't have any problem with sound at all. My problem is once I get to the character screen. Whenever i click something it just kicks me out. I'm running Windows xp home, and i have installed the patch 1.2 and the Win2k patch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply 2 of 7, by Y2J

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, first of all, be sure you have the newest Quicktime installed, as the patch is not compatible with the Quicktime 3 that's included on the CDs.... also, try compatibility mode to Win Me/98.... Ohh... and try installing your latest video drivers....😀

Reply 3 of 7, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Y2J Ok, first of all, be sure you have the newest Quicktime installed, as the patch is not compatible with the Quicktime 3 that's included on the CDs....

*ack* This one again. Why was another thread started when the last one was updated only 3 days earlier?

Reply 4 of 7, by Steel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I already did all that stuff. I get all the sound, and the visuals but once i get to the character screen it just kicks out. I downloaded Quicktime 6 last week and I get the intro and everything. I tried the compatibility on windows 95 and 98/me. I have a Geforce 4 Mx 420 is that the problem?

Reply 7 of 7, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

From what I've read, QFG5 is one of the most inconsistent games on 2000/XP. Some fix using Win95-Compatibility mode, others have to use Win98-Compatibility mode, some with the patch, some without....etc

Best to have a dual-boot for this one (and even then you may still have problems).