Common searches

HyperBlade

Topic actions

First post, by NoeWhan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all.

I recently aquired this old classic from tha net.

It works, but it does not detect drirect sound, and the graphics is still on low.

Any hints???? I have run it under 95 capability, and it doesnt like dos.

BTW:
Anygame which can be played over LAN, can be played over the Net, using 'Hamachi' check it out 1 day.

Reply 1 of 15, by NoeWhan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried the 3dFX VooDoo patch just then, and it works, but theres issues, the sound repeats, and sometimes the characters dissapear, and it plays like a game with bad lag online.

Is there such thing as a Raedon Patch????

Reply 5 of 15, by UltraBreytenBreytenbach

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried this game recently on Windows XP, it works fine with the Windows 2000 patch and with Direct 3D. A bit too fast in some sequences, I might try some kind of SlowMo program, but it can be played.

Reply 7 of 15, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
NoeWhan wrote:

I tried the 3dFX VooDoo patch just then, and it works, but theres issues, the sound repeats, and sometimes the characters dissapear, and it plays like a game with bad lag online.

There's no Voodoo patch (IIRC Hyperblade already supports the original Voodoo Graphic natively). However, there are two known patches: Voodoo2 patch and v1.0.0.1 patch (Windows 2000 patch). You can get them here).

What you need, actually, is the v1.0.0.1 patch instead of the Voodoo2 patch, since the latter is very Voodoo2-specific (turning off V2's triple buffering so the game can run).

The v.1.0.0.1 patch, on the other hand, is what you really need; it fixes a lot of problems (like non-appearing text and such). The patch will replace the old executable with a new Hyperx.exe. However, after applying the v1.0.0.1 patch, you should NOT run Hyperblade through the CD's Autorun, because it conflicts with the patch. Instead, you should run the game by executing the new executable (or making a shortcut of it).

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 8 of 15, by TLS_Vigra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, after some searching, and collaborating... 'We' found an XP Patch for Hyperblade!!!!

And it's good... But with some issues... Basically, uninstall and reinstall the game, and just add the patch.

http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/patch/6466-hyperblade.php

or try

http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/patch/download.php … 37&acces_id=235

If you have a newer computer, you will have to create an app preference for your graphics card (I had to). I just turned everything off, and it still ran 3dFX. Otherwise your screen is just white flickering. I dunno about Vista.

Enemies don't shoot properly, and your team mates cannot pass, and you cannot see your own health. Other than that, its great!!!

And there's a bunch of errors trying to create a game over Hamachi and LAN.

Here's just two of them. (tried over Hamachi')

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/8838/hyperrorgy0.jpg

Fixed by sending missing/unmatching file to other player, but then...

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/8673/herrornf6.jpg

So I tried it on my 2 comps here over LAN, same as above.

New patch needed 😠

Reply 9 of 15, by TLS_Vigra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How to fix:

Navigate to the folder where HyperBlade is installed,
and open the DATA folder. Using a text editor,
open the file BOOIE.INI. Under the [Options] heading,
add the following line:

NetNoVerify=1

Works on Hamachi now, but might still get video problems if you alt-tab. (Don't alt-tab)

Run under windows 2000 compatibility.

Reply 10 of 15, by Destroy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
There's no Voodoo patch (IIRC Hyperblade already supports the original Voodoo Graphic natively). However, there are two known pa […]
Show full quote
NoeWhan wrote:

There's no Voodoo patch (IIRC Hyperblade already supports the original Voodoo Graphic natively). However, there are two known patches: Voodoo2 patch and v1.0.0.1 patch (Windows 2000 patch). You can get them here).

What you need, actually, is the v1.0.0.1 patch instead of the Voodoo2 patch, since the latter is very Voodoo2-specific (turning off V2's triple buffering so the game can run).

The v.1.0.0.1 patch, on the other hand, is what you really need; it fixes a lot of problems (like non-appearing text and such). The patch will replace the old executable with a new Hyperx.exe. However, after applying the v1.0.0.1 patch, you should NOT run Hyperblade through the CD's Autorun, because it conflicts with the patch. Instead, you should run the game by executing the new executable (or making a shortcut of it).

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I've searched all over and can't find this Voodoo2 patch anywhere. Anyone have a working link or site for the V2 patch mentioned in this thread?

Reply 11 of 15, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://minifiles.ag.ru/patches/511/hbladev2.zip

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 12 of 15, by Destroy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Gamecollector wrote:

Thanks, that direct link didn't work but I was able to navigate the site and dl it. The V2 patch runs the game but only in software mode. 😒 Does not pick up dgVoodoo or nGlide.

Just can't get this game to run in Glide mode; trying to get high res btw.

Reply 13 of 15, by AussieConvict

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Crazy times. This is a very old thread, I know. I apologize.

But I've got Hyperblade to work on Windows7. Well, kinda.

2 main issues:

The enemy does not shoot or pass.
Glitches while in lobby / screen over laps.

However, if you want to get it it work just for fun (also enables full textures)

1. Get the original CD files, transfer them to say C:\Games\Hyperblade

2. Get the patch mentioned above, and replace HYPERX.exe.

(http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/patch/download-1737-452.php)

3. Get Windows Virtual PC - (x86 is for 32 bit systems & requires a reset)

www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details. ... pLlA%3d%3d

4. Get WinlauncherXP (might be optional considering I'm using Win7, but it helps & has core controls.)
http://majorgeeks.com/WinLauncherXP_d870.html

5. You'll still need to use the CD, or image on virtual D:, however I don't think I've touched my uni-code / United Kingdom settings.

6. When you run the game, the lobby glitches out but you can still navigate and select team and play. When you do click on the final door, click 3 times (well, in gauntlet anyway, because that warning screen comes up black) and the game will start.

I've only played about a min of a match. I'm not sure if everything still works.

Reply 14 of 15, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Instead of rezzing a dead topic, perhaps you could start your own thread? ty

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 15 of 15, by Iris030380

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Amazing game, totally under rated. I love it.

In my experience though, the game works best on a computer of it's time period and has trouble running on any PC which is quite faster than the games reccomended requirements.

I originally ran Hyperblade flawlessly on it's release with a P200 vanilla and a matrox mystique - the game has a direct 3D mode and it's quite unreliable. I never got it to work properly on my VooDoo 1.

To illustrate my earlier point, I tried running Hyperblade on a P2-450 and an AMD K6-3 450 recently and it was unplayable and unreliable. I've never tried the game in Dos BOX, but in all honestly D3D makes the game so much more enjoyable. You just need to stay in the range of a p-100 to p-200 speeds to get the best out of it.

I5-2500K @ 4.0Ghz + R9 290 + 8GB DDR3 1333 :: I3-540 @ 4.2 GHZ + 6870 4GB DDR3 2000 :: E6300 @ 2.7 GHZ + 1950XTX 2GB DDR2 800 :: A64 3700 + 1950PRO AGP 2GB DDR400 :: K63+ @ 550MHZ + V2 SLI 256 PC133:: P200 + MYSTIQUE / 3Dfx 128 PC66