VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by glyco0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have been playing the game Harvester on Windows 98 and it has been great up until disk 3 where I need to fight my own image. Here the game crashes and I get the following message:

ERROR! [id:0499] - "Memory allocation error, size -1"

If you are encountering difficulties running or playing "Harvester"(TM), please refer to the manual, technical addendum, or contact technical support.

The harvest.conf file looks like this:

[DOS4G]
NullPtrCheck=OFF
StartupBanner=ON

[DOS4GVM]
DeleteSwapFile=ON
DemandLoad=OFF
FreeExtMem=ON
PhysLeave=0
PhysMax=4G
PhysMin=6M
PhysNoVM=14M
SwapFileName=.\HARVEST.SWP
SwapInc=4M
SwapLeave=1M
SwapMax=16M
SwapMin=0
VirtualMemory=ON
VirtualSize=15M

I am running this on a 384 RAM computer, so memory should not be an issue. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks.

glyco0

Reply 1 of 1, by Dick Winslow

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have no solution.

i've been getting this exact same problem and have posted at every forum i can think of for many months now. it's the same exact part, when steve fights himself and evil steve halts, turns to face the front, then kaboom. This seems to apply to any situation where Steve provokes someone. Once they pull out their weapon the game crashes.

I mean people who've played this game and got through it all the way should tell us what the ideal settings are. I can't believe no one knows! The Lodge is where all the MEAT is at.

This guy apparently found a way around it but sadly he's vague as hell: Harvester memory allocation error *fixed*

I envy him. I'm playing on XP btw. If ANYBODY OUT THERE KNOWS ANYTHING about this, please be a good neighbor and help us out.