VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by sam767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i just bought original used mortal kombat trilogy and i don't wanna scratch CD again. So yeah i wonder if this possible ? , btw i'm using windows xp

Reply 1 of 21, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sure, you can use iso buster to get it as an image file. With ease, and I even believe you can use it (isobuster) as a 30 days shareware or so. But maybe I am BSing on that point. But yeah it is easy to make an image of that CD. And then you mount the image file through daemon tools if I remember right. But let us see what the other members say about it.

Reply 3 of 21, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm not 100% sure and i don't have a link handy, but i believe Daemon Tools dropped support for CDDA some versions ago (!). A nice Google session could reveal more details.

Reply 4 of 21, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

ISO format is not suitable for storing audio tracks (Redbook audio). Use some other format, such as BIN/CUE or Nero's NRG (use image recorder).

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 6 of 21, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Are you using Daemon Tools to mount an image? If you do, read this. If i get that right, CDDA will work with modern Windows tools, but not in the game, as it uses a different method to play the audio.

According to MobyGames, MK Trilogy has redbook audio, and i'm pretty sure HOMM (which is the topic of the DT thread) has redbook, too. Both games are from 1996/1997.

Reply 8 of 21, by sam767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Looks very interesting ADDICT ty, well i disabled Digitial CD audio for virtual CD then enabled analog Audio but Nothing work so far ,i guess this game has a very complex issues or maybe should back to WIN95.

i have no idea on how to use imgmount sorry i'm kinda new to DOSBox Community, but which file types should be mounted ? right now i made cue/bin file ?

Reply 9 of 21, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Aahhh, so DOSBox is part of the equation! (; CDDA should work with DOSBox, and MK Trilogy is a DOS/Windows game. Just mount a c:\-drive and the cue inside DOSBox (see the DOSBox readme for details on the imgmount command), and then install the game in DOSBox. I've tried several CDDA games in DOSBox (Tomb Raider, for example), and the music did work. I've stumbled across one game where the music wouldn't work (can't remember the name now), though.

Reply 10 of 21, by sam767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok Game crashes During installation same as when i did from physical CD
(Under DOSBOX) it seems many audio files been missing

capgj5.th.jpg

when i go back and check installed folder and Run MKTRIL.EXE , it said UniVBE is about to Analyze all video available blah blah

then i Ended up with message :

FATAL ERROR: File Find Error - sound\common.snd!

Reply 12 of 21, by sam767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i just Made Windows installation and then copy folders "sound" and "sound2" into DOS installation Folder "MKTRIL" the Game WORKS But until famous MKtrilogy brown logo , then Crashes again with another Message :

FATAL ERROR: File Find Error - art\fighter\kano\kano.dat!

The bad news is i still CAN'T HEAR ANY TRACKS during the intro of the game 🙁

Here is how i mounted

image file located in H (my local H.D ) Which is looks like this "TrilogyPC_Final_.bin"

so i go like this

mount c c:\
imgmount Q h:\MKtrilogy_final_.bin -t iso

Reply 13 of 21, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Read my 60 seconds guide, then read this link:

[SOLVED] Playing games with AUDIO tracks through CD images...?

Now combine my guide, with your newfound knowledge about mounting CUE-images, and do the installation all over again.

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 14 of 21, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

the error looks like something went wrong with creating the install directory (and please don't mount c c:\ )

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 15 of 21, by sam767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks MiniMax TRACK WORKS PERFECTLY after i made cue image with CloneCD and mounted However Game still crashing after flaming MKtrilogy Logo

same message above : FATAL ERROR: File Find Error - art\fighter\kano\kano.dat!

but that's not at all , check out this weird video ratio now

1203201846.jpg

i mounted e e:\ (another local Drive) just in case of system related issue

Sound , Music was set as the following ,

1203201962.jpg

😢 😢

Reply 16 of 21, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Indeed, that width/height ratio looks sooo wrong.

Btw - ALT + PrtScr only captures the active window instead of the whole desktop.

Have you tried changing output=..... and setting windowresolution=.... in your dosbox.conf?

Reply 18 of 21, by sam767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Edited : holy $h!* ! think i fixed it. i found new update for "UNIVBE.drv" file and just replace old *drv 😁
Here's the link : http://www.mksecrets.net/downloads/eng/downloads-updates.htm

Just one more step to go 😅

Reply 19 of 21, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Can you find this kano.dat file anywhere on the CD, or in folders created on your DOSBox drive(s)?

Maybe some of the folks over at that mksecrets net can tell you if they have it, and where it should be?