VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Lachdahnan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im looking for a few search engines that people feel are helpfull in fnding what your looking for. I normally use dogpile.com first. After that I will try altavista.com. I have been devoting most of my time the past 5-6 days in trying to find information on how to get 2 of my older games working and it seems like I just keep turning up little to nothing. I try phrases such as:

How to run GAME on windows xp
How do I run GAME on windows xp
How to install GAME on xp
install GAME on xp
install GAME xp
help with GAME xp
GAME xp
GAME messageboards
GAME forums

It goes on and on from there. I take pride in doing things myself, and I get really impatient too, so I like to just go and find the answers. I dont like to post on forums until I run out of options. Looks like I have now however 😜
So, any good search engines/methods you all can recommend?

Reply 1 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just use google and google site search if I need to dig info out of forums.

You need to be more specific in your searches and don't ask questions. It's Google not Ask Jeeves.

With that said, searches will only get you so far and unless you are experienced at filtering out and identifying incorrect information then you are far better off at going to a fan specific forum for the game or a more general forum for all games like this one.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Try this search engine 😀

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions