VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I noticed that the mouse is annoingly sticky in certain games when the compatibility flag "SingleProcAfinity" (to disable multi-core in games that has problems with it) is enabled (win95 and win98/me enable it too). Is there some other compat. flag that I can set in Compatibility Administrator to fix this? My system is a Core2Quad, so this fix is needed to clear up some issues in a few games.

Some games examples that it occurs: ATF Gold, Fighters Anthology, The Curse of Monkey Island.

Reply 1 of 3, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

the 'StopServiceSynchronous' flag seem to fix this for Fighters Anthology and ATF Gold. However it's still present in The Curse Of Monkey Island.

Reply 3 of 3, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks, but I've already tried a few days after my post and it worked flawlessly. ScummVM was my only choice as I had to consult the walkthrough while playing and COMI would randomly crash if I Alt-tabed or Ctrl-Esced. I'm just aware of other titles. For example, International Rally Championship will have choppy doubled and delayed sound if "SingleProcAffinity" is not enabled and some keys will become randomly stuck if it's enabled. I'll try that combination to see if I can fix the sound and keyboard issues at the same time.