VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by pjpsyco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Seeing as I don't have to reset the entire system to initiate video hardware acceleration changes, I was wondering if there was a way to make a .bat file or use some program that changes the acceleration down during the game and puts it back afterwords. It is a hassle to have to open the dialogue box and play with the settings anytime I want to play certain games.

Reply 1 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Hard to tell, your post is so not full of information.

The NVIDIA drivers in Windows allows you to create different profiles with different settings, and (I think) a way to automatically apply a profile when running an application.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 5, by pjpsyco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My system is windows XP, the video card is a Gigabyte GV-R92128DH which has an ATI Radeon 9200 GPU. As hardware acceleration is controlled by windows (since from what I understand it is a question of your main processor doing the work versus your video card for each level of the setting). I figured if there was something that one could do it would be universal anyways.

Reply 3 of 5, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

yes you can do it
you need a registry monitoring program.
monitor what changes when you alter hardware acceleration
export the changes as a reg file then create a batch file and run the game with it

eg:
regedit accel_low.reg
game.exe

registry monitor :
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinterna … s/bb896652.aspx

Reply 4 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Note: FileMon and RegMon have been replaced by Process Monitor on versions of Windows starting with Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2003 SP1, and Windows Vista. FileMon and RegMon remain for legacy operating system support, including Windows 9x.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinterna … s/bb896645.aspx

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions