VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Neojag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been looking for quite a while for Sanitarium's patch, but all I've found untill now is a zip file containing some SNC.006 file 😉
Could anyone post a link to the patch please?
thkx 😄

Reply 1 of 13, by ffhighwind

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having the same problem... I found the file and put it in my data directory and made copies of my saves just in case. So far the game seems the same, and my saved games still work, which means the patch didn't do crap.

Odd but I'm on chapter 3 and not 2... the level 2 lockout bug shouldn't affect me on chapter 3 right?

The game seems to freeze when I inspect the director's door on the right of the courtyard. If I click on the door or the water control on the wall the game messes up.

What happens is, the game keeps going, the characters keep moving in their usual animations, but the cursor disapears, so I can't move the screen or click anything.

I hope this isn't a problem with win xp... like the longest journey.

This sucks, cuz the game costed 45 bucks and it breaks on the first cd...

Reply 2 of 13, by Neojag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm... I was having lots of crashes on the 1st disc, so I copied all files in the data folder of the cd to the data folder on Santiarium's folder in my HD. Fixed it nicely 😉
I had that problem when inspecting the door, but tried again and it worked fine. I believe i still have a savegame after that in the 3rd chapter, say something if you need it and i'll post it 😉

oh, that patch was that snc file anyway 😜

Reply 3 of 13, by ffhighwind

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks! I could really use the save, I tried restarting the game 4 times and it didn't work. I copied all of the from the data folder on the first cd over but the problem didn't go away... every time it just kept freezing like that. Could you try to make it a save on the 4th or 5th slot? I'm saving each chapter. Oh, and make sure you inspect both the door and the water regulator on the wall because both of them seem to crash for me... and I have a bad feeling that I may just need a chapter 4 save instead (or at least the very ending of chapter 3).

Where was the freeze supposed to occur anyway?

I finally figured out that the snc file was in the data folder on the CD, which cleared up the confusion as to why the file seems out of place. The name was very different than the other files already in the sanitarium folder.

Thanks again for the help! 😀

Reply 4 of 13, by Neojag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There you go.
One is chapter 3 with the door opened (not much done besides that). The other is in the middle of the 4th chapter (wich I am now at), in case you still have problems. Sorry I don't have one at the beggining.

http://www.neojag.net/upload/sani_saves.rar

Reply 6 of 13, by ffhighwind

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

great, my mouse feels broken... I have to click really hard on the left button for it to work... it may be it's a virus, but I doubt it.

The saves work, but I came to another damned freeze point on the troll thing on the cage, I can inspect it but it froze when I tried talking to it. This was inside of Freak Beach on Chapter 4. I don't know if it'll break again or if your save is past it, so I'll check it out soon and post again if it's broken anywhere again... 🙁

Reply 9 of 13, by kglaser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wow, what a great forum...I have a feeling I'm gonna be spending a whoooole lot more time here than I should 😁

I tried running Sanitarium for the first time on my newer machine (1GHz AMD Athlon, 128 MB RAM, 60 GB HD--old and clunky after 3 years but new in comparison to what I ran the game on before). I got the Chapter 2 lockout bug, so I DL the patch and applied it. The thing is, it didn't seem to do anything...I still was crashing about every 2 seconds, but with patience and judicious saving, I managed to get most of the way through the chapter anyway. Now I'm trying to jump back across the stream on the pig, and it crashes every time. I just can't get over the dang pig. I applied the SCN006 patch in my "Data" folder...was that correct? If there's no hope, could someone please tell me where I might find a saved game for some point after where I am?

Thanks much!

Reply 10 of 13, by Neojag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

About that crashing every 2 seconds, try copying all the files and subfolders in the data folder on your first disc to the data folder on your hd where you installed the game. It solved my problems, maybe It'll solve yours.
Btw, you don't need to use the pig to go back to the city, just use the board (you can knock it down) that's next to the tractor 😉

Reply 11 of 13, by kglaser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you Neojag! 😎
I did as you suggested...haven't tried it out yet, because I want to see if I can get across that board instead (thank you very much for that, too!!)
D'oh...I've played this game 4-5 times already and never knew about the @#$%^ board...I feel like such a doofus.

The list of games I can't get running is about as long as my arm, so I'll be back at this forum a lot more until you all get so sick of me that I am banned...hehe
This place is great! 😀

Reply 12 of 13, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by kglaser The list of games I can't get running is about as long as my arm, so I'll be back at this forum a lot more until you all get so sick of me that I am banned...hehe

Quick. Someone cut off his arms. *heh*

Ok, that was a terrible to suggest. Too much thinking "outside the box".

Reply 13 of 13, by stic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I just installed this game on my windows Xp sp1, and it's crash just after start.. I know that I should try to copy all the data files, but are there another tips for that ?

,,,^..^,,,
have nice day,
stic